Apricot, Date & Nut Bars
1/3 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup dark raisins
1 cup pecans, chopped
1½ cups firmly packed yellow sugar
¾ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10″ x 10″ pan with nonstick spray.
2. Coat the dates and apricots with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add the raisins and nuts and set aside.
3. Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and whip them with an electric mixer until frothy. Gradually add the yellow sugar and continue whipping until the mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and fold it into the egg mixture. Fold in the fruit and nut mixture.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and springy to the touch, about 20 minutes.
6. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.