Best Keto Carrot Cake
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup granulated Swerve or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup of golden Lakanto monkfruit or golden Swerve
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup loosely packed grated carrots (from one medium sized carrot)
- 4 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of one large circle cake pan or two 6 inch pans. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the carrot, eggs, butter, vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Scoop batter into prepared pans (fill halfway). Bake at 350 for 22-30 minutes. 22-25 minutes for 6 inch pans and 25-30 minutes for 8 inch. Bake until set in the middle.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, whip together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sour cream. Slowly add in the confectioner’s Swerve and continue to whip for another 2-3 minutes or until fluffy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 8