2 very ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
2 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 bunch basil, cut finely
Fresh ground pepper
Baguette, sliced on the diagonal
1. Combine tomatoes, chopped garlic and basil; taste and add salt and pepper – cover and chill for about 2 hours.
2. Take baguette slices, place on cookie sheet and broil until lightly brown.
3. Turn and allow the other side to brown.
4. While still warm, rub the peeled garlic clove on the surface of the toast.
5. Spoon tomato mixture on toast.