Chewy Gluten Free Suga’ Cookies
2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Beat white sugar, 3/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until mixture is smooth. Mix butter mixture into flour mixture and form dough into a ball. Wrap ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Arrange cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly beat icing sugar into cream cheese mixture until icing is smooth; spread onto cooled cookies.