Low Sugar Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour (plus 2 tablespoons if using fresh cranberries)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries (or 2 cups fresh)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Stevia
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line muffin tin with muffin cups or grease tin with butter and coat with flour.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- If using fresh cranberries, toss with 2 tablespoons of flour and set aside. If using dried cranberries, you can skip this step.
- Crean together butter and sweetener until light in colour, approx. 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla, milk, orange juice and orange zest.
- Gently fold in flour mixture. Once completely incorporated, fold in cranberries.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffins tin, filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Between 20-25 minutes.
Makes 1 dozen
Recipe adapted and inspired by: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/cranberry-orange-muffins/
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20-30
Number of Servings: 12