Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 bananas + 1/2 for topping
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Then, whisk in the eggs, almond butter, and coconut sugar.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and whisk until it’s combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some for the top (always).
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, folding and tucking the parchment paper around the edges.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan.
- Drizzle some additional almond butter on top (optional) and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Slice another half of a banana and lay the slices on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 10 Slices