Festive Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Soften butter to room temp. Stir in sugar, salt, nutmeg and egg yolk with wooden spoon.
- Add flour a little at a time till mixture is too stiff to work with a spoon.
- Turn onto floured board and knead lightly; drawing in flour till dough is just beginning to crack.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desire shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 mins.
Recipe Adapted from The Family Cookbook Project
Number of Servings: