1 (24 oz.) loaf Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Honey White (or 9 cups of bread cubes)
¾ cup butter (or dairy-free butter)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 sticks celery, thinly sliced
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme leaves
½ teaspoon ground sage
½ teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 cups chicken or veggie broth (3 cups for a wetter stuffing)
- Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add bread cubes and mix until evenly coated.
- Drizzle broth over the bread mixture and toss until well mixed.
- Stuff turkey, or bake in a greased 2.5 qrt casserole dish at 350°F (180°C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
- If you don’t have a dutch oven, you can make this gluten-free stuffing recipe in a large boiling pot, or pan.
- You can use fresh or stale gluten-free bread in any of these recipes, including this gluten-free stuffing.
- You can use chicken or vegetable broth to make this gluten-free stuffing.
- You can use turkey drippings instead of broth.
- Add a pound of cooked sausage to this stuffing for extra flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 8 cups