Grilled Pumpkin BBQ-Glazed Pork Chops
Pumpkin BBQ Sauce:
For the Pumpkin BBQ Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until tender and transluscent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, pumpkin puree, broth, sugar, syrup, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire, garlic powder, smoked paprika, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let cook until thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. If it begins to look too thick, add a few tablespoons of water or broth.
For the Pork Chops:
- Preheat a grill or grill pan for cooking over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the pork chops generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brush the chops on each side with vegetable oil and grill, 4 minutes per side.
- Baste the pork chops on each side with the sauce and grill an additional minute per side to allow the sauce to caramelize.
- Serve the chops with extra sauce.
Notes: Extra BBQ sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4 servings