3 cups quinoa, cooked
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
1/2 cup cashews raw, roasted or salted
3/4 cup organic canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. organic strawberry vinegar or raspberry vinegar
1/4 cup organic rice vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. mango chutney or to taste
1 pinch Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly under cold water for 30 to 60 seconds. This ensures that the cooked quinoa will have a delicately sweet, pleasant flavour.
- Place 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa in a pot and bring to a boil. (Yields 3 cups of cooked quinoa)
- Cover and cook over moderately low heat until all the water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, approximately 12-15 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool to room temperature.
- Steam broccoli for 1-2 minutes or until tender-crisp but still bright green. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, quinoa, cheese, cranberries, and green onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 2 hours. Just before serving sprinkle cashews on top of salad.