Dough and Crumble
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup whey protein powder vanilla or plain
- 1 egg large
- 1 cup butter cold and cut into small bits
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 cups blueberries I use frozen
- ½ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- Juice of one lemon
- ⅓ cup almonds sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a 9×13 pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a clean bowl set the frozen blueberries on the counter to thaw a bit while you’re pulling together the other parts of this recipe.
- In another large clean bowl place all your dry ingredients for the dough and crumble…includes almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, sweetener, baking powder and salt. Whisk all dry ingredients together so there are no lumps.
- Add in lemon zest, butter and egg. Using a handheld pastry cutter (or a large heavy duty forcut the butter and egg into the dry flour mixture. This should take several minutes to cut the cold butter into the flour. When finished your mixture should be crumbly.
- Take half the crumble mixture and press into your 9×13 parchment lined baking dish. Set aside baking dish and other half of the crumble mixture.
- For the blueberry filling toss together the blueberries, lemon juice and Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener to coat. Sprinkle the wet blueberry mixture with the xanthan gum and toss again.
- Pour the blueberry mixture over the press dough in your baking dish. Then using clean hands crumble the remaining flour/butter mixture to cover the blueberry layer in your dish.
- Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes. Check for top browning towards the end of bake time to ensure you get just the right crispness.
- Remove from oven when blueberries are bubbling and too is slightly browned (or browned to your liking).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 32 squares