Keto Cauliflour and Chicken Winter Soup
- 12 ounces chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 ounces Butter
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 1 small Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1.6 pounds Cauliflower cut into florets
- 21 ounces Heavy Cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 5 ounces Feta Cheese crumbled
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons mint finely chopped, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
- Place the chicken thighs into a roasting tray and sprinkle over the oil, zest from the lemon and salt.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Dice or shred into small pieces and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the butter, oregano, onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and stir well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, and chicken stock and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully blend the cauliflower with your stick blender until there are no lumps remaining.
- Add the diced chicken, pepper and juice from the lemon and stir well with a spoon.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the soup and stir well.
- Taste the soup and add salt if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over the mint to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 8