Keto Classic Cinnamon “Sugar” Muffins (Donut Style)
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sweetener, 20% off Lakanto with code MELISSA20
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
FOR THE COVERING:
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with papers.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except for the topping ingredients). Slowly add to the wet ingredients, continuously mixing with the electric mixer.
- Spoon even amounts into each muffin cup.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden and set up.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Brush finished muffins with butter, roll in cinnamon sweetener mix. Serve!
Recipe from howtothisandthat.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 12 Muffins