Keto Easter Frittata
- 10 large eggs
- 20 small asparagus spears (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 small spring onions (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 1 small shallot (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 1 large red bell pepper (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 package fresh soft goat cheese or any soft full-fat cheese (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 package Pancetta or bacon (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cherry tomato vines (300 g/ 10.6 oz) to serve with the frittata
- First, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted), or 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional).
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting the woody ends off (250 g of asparagus in our recipe counts after cutting the ends off). Wash and deseed the bell pepper and slice it in small stripes. Peel and finely chop the shallot and spring onion.
- Grease a non-stick pan with a tablespoon of butter or ghee and add all the ingredients from the previous step. Season with salt to taste. Cook briefly for about 5 minutes just enough to release the fragrance and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and freshly chopped herbs. If you don’t have the herbs for this recipe, you can use any herbs you have (e.g. chives, thyme, basil).
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the cooked vegetables into a baking dish (I used a 25 cm / 10 inch baking dish). Crumble the soft goat cheese equally all over the vegetables and pour the egg mixture over it.
- Place it in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes just until the top becomes firm.
- Carefully take the dish from the oven and reduce the temperature to about 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional). Lay the Pancetta (or bacon) all over the frittata and place back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let it cool down before you start serving.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes. Grease a pan with a tablespoon of ghee (or butter) and keep it on medium heat. The best way to roast tomatoes is to leave them on the vine. This will add extra flavour. Roast shortly for about 5 minutes (don’t overcook)
- Place them on a serving plate with the Frittata. Enjoy!
Recipe By: Martina Slajerova, ketodietapp.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 4