Keto Meat & Veggie Pizza
6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp cream cheese
3/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
olive oil to grease your hands
Precooked hamburger and bacon
Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Measure out almond flour and salt into a bowl
- Whip egg and white wine vinegar into a cup
- In a medium size microwavable bowl add shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave cheese for 60 seconds and check that it is melted and mix well, if needed melt for 30 seconds more. Add egg mixture and flour mixture immediately to the melted cheese as it will combine better while warm.
- Moisten your hands with olive oil and you can either flatten the dough out on parchment paper with hands or you can roll in between parchment paper once the dough has cooled for 5 minutes. If you are making a round pizza, this will make a 6”-8” pizza depending the thickness of crust you prefer.
- Place dough on baking or pizza sheet, I prefer to bake my crust on parchment paper on baking sheet. With a fork make several marks into the crust
- Bake crust 8-12 minutes depending on thickness until a light golden brown. Keep in mind it will go back into the oven for additional time with toppings
- Prep keto friendly toppings you have chosen to use and the quantity you enjoy, some people like pizza with minimal toppings while others enjoy lots.
- Add pizza sauce of your choice to the pre-cooked crust and remember a little goes a long way, top with shredded cheese and add toppings. Put back in the oven for an additional 8-12 minutes.
- Pre cook hamburger and bacon
- Saute fresh Mushrooms, peppers, onion, for about 3-5 minutes in coconut oil. Add halved cherry tomatoes and chopped spinach for another 3 minutes
- Add in precooked hamburger and chopped bacon into the sautéed veggies and mix well
- On a pre baked keto pizza crust add pizza sauce of choice. Add shredded cheese. Add the meat and veggie toppings (in quantity you prefer). Add more shredded cheese on top (optional)
- Bake for another 8-12 minutes
Remember use whatever keto friendly toppings you enjoy and if you sauté the vegetables it brings out the flavours
Recipe & photos created by Laurie Nybo – @lazyketophotography