Keto Tex-Mex Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 tbsp Keto Taco Seasoning
- 1 14- ounce can Rotel tomatoes with chilis
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth add more if you like it saucier
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Drain off fat/liquid.
- Add the Keto Taco Seasoning to the skillet and mix well over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese, beef broth, diced green bell pepper, Rotel tomatoes, and salt to the beef. Stir well over medium heat until the cream cheese has dissolved into the sauce.
- OPTIONAL – thicken the sauce with a combination of 1 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp of water. This will add about 1 carb per serving.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest. Combine and transfer into a large casserole dish. Top with two cups of shredded Monterey jack cheese and finish with the cheddar.
- Bake at 375-F for about 10-15 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly and the cheese is lightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
For even more kick, add another tsp of chipotle powder.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 10