Low-Carb Pumpkin Soup
- 2 (2 oz.) shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 oz. pumpkins
- 10 oz.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 8 oz. butter
- ½ lime, the juice
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds, preferably roasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Peel the pumpkin and cut the flesh into cubes. Do the same with the rutabaga. Peel the shallot and cut into wedges. Peel the garlic cloves.
- Put everything in a baking dish. Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes. As an alternative, you can also fry on medium heat in a large pan until the pumpkin and the turnip are soft.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a pot. Add vegetable stock or water, and bring to a boil. Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from the stove.
- Add the butter, divided into cubes. Mix the soup with a hand blender. Add lime juice, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup with mayonnaise, roasted pumpkin seeds or our delicious parmesan croutons.
Note: Make it spicy! Chili, cumin and other spices all pair beautifully with this soup. Freshly grated ginger, added a few minutes before serving, also brings a whole new depth of flavor.
Number of Servings: 4 Bowls