2½ cups rolled oats
½ cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup cheddar
½ cup soya flour
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup chopped nuts
½ cup coconut
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup fine powdered milk or tofu milk powder can also be used
½ cup oil
½ cup honey rice syrup or fruit sweetener can be used
½ cup dried apples
½ cup dried apricots (prunes, peaches, pears or dates can also be used)
1 cup Sultana raisins
- Place the oil, honey and vanilla in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until well combined and the mixture is hot.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Bake in an oven at 250°F or lower for approximately 1 hour until the mixture is golden, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add the dried fruits, then cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Great as a cereal or as an all-day snack!