Oatmeal Lemon Herb Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (cut in 8-9 pieces)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg (freshly)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag for about a half hour.
- Process the coating ingredients in a food processor for about 30 seconds.
- Dip the chicken pieces in an egg wash of 2 eggs whisked together with 4 tbsp water.
- Coat the chicken pieces by dipping them in the oatmeal crumb mixture and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the chicken pieces with a little olive oil if you like and bake at 375 degrees F for 50-60 minutes depending upon the size of your chicken pieces.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 - 60 Minutes
Number of Servings: