- Combine the basil, garlic, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until well combined and has the texture of fresh pesto; set aside.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta in boiling water until cooked yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil over the pasta and toss to coat; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Roast the pine nuts in the skillet until lightly browned; remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the asparagus, zucchini, Kalamata olives, roasted red pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet; cook and stir until hot, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the pine nuts into the vegetable mixture. Add the pasta and about 1/4 cup of the pesto, or more to your liking, to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve in bowls topped with the grated Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 8