Quick Gluten-free Cinnamon Rolls
- ¼ cup butter, divided (Optional)
- 2 cups Cup for Cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened (Optional)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (Optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (Optional)
- ¼ cup butter, softened (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush a 9-inch square baking dish with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Whisk gluten-free flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Work 3 tablespoons softened butter into flour mixture using your hands. Beat milk and egg together in another bowl; pour into the flour-butter mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and roll dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Brush surface of dough with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over butter-brushed dough. Roll dough around filling to form a log; cut log into 18 rolls and place rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rolls are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, 1/4 cup softened butter, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until frosting is smooth—top hot cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20-25 min
Number of Servings: