- 2.5 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 cup 100% hydration sourdough starter (active or discard)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
The night before:
- Mix the flour, warm water, and starter into a large mixing bowl bowl. Loosely cover with a lid or plastic wrap and allow to sit overnight (this is your levain).
In the morning:
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, milk, baking soda, salt, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Whisk this into the sourdough levain you made last night.
- Allow to stand for five minutes undisturbed while you heat your skillets or griddle to medium heat.
- Drop onto a hot griddle or cast iron skillet (1/3 cup works awesome) and cook until bubbles have formed one the top and the bottom is golden.
- Flip and cook until both sides are golden.
- This recipe makes about 28 1/3 cup pancakes.
- Enjoy with butter and maple syrup, or the toppings of your choice!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Number of Servings: 28 Pancakes