- 4 cups Fresh or Frozen Cherries (pitted, chopped/crushed)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Lakanto Sweetener (with Monkfruit)
- 2 tsp Pomona’s Universal Pectin
- 2 tsp Calcium Water (provided in pectin box)
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- Wash jars, bands, and lids. Place jam jars, bands and lids into a preheated 225-degree oven for 10-minutes. Turn off the stove and leave jars until you are ready to use them.
- If using fresh cherries, pit before adding to a large saucepan. If using frozen, measure, and add to the pan.
- Prepare calcium water as directed in the pectin box. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine sweetener and pectin. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice and calcium water. Mix well and add to cherries.
- Heat the cherries in the saucepan over medium heat. As they start to soften, mash with a potato masher to the consistency you like. Bring cherries to a boil.
- Add pectin-sweetener mixture to cherries, mixing for 1 to 2 minutes to dissolve pectin while the jam comes back to a boil. Boil for 1 full minute once the jam reaches the boiling stage.
- Fill sanitized jars to 1/4 to the top – clean rims with a clean cloth. Add bands and lids. Tighten bands.
- Add jars to the water bath, submerging fully. When the water reaches a full boil, let filled jars boil for 10-minutes.
- Seal test: If a jar does not seal, you can reprocess it again in the water bath for another 10-minutes.
Recipe adapted from Sugar Free Sprinkles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Number of Servings: 4+ jars (500 ml)