The PERFECT pastry? We think so…this super delicious, gluten-free apple fritter bread skips the frying but keeps all the deliciousness of the classic favourite.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup Bob’s Redmill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
1 3/4- 2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
Brown Sugar Mix:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 apples, peeled, cored, chopped (any kind)
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp half and half cream or milk, until desired consistency. If too thick, add 1 Tbsp more milk.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, mix the brown sugar mix, set aside.
3. In large bowl, start mixing the bread batter. First, add the butter and sugar. With electric mixer, mix well.
4. Add the eggs, mix well.
5. Sprinkle on the flour and baking powder, mix well.
6. Add milk, mix well, set aside.
7. In third bowl, add apples, sugar, and cinnamon, mix well.
8. To assemble loaf, add 1/2 the bread batter mix to loaf pan, spread out with spatula. Then add 1/2 of the apple mix, and 1/2 of the brown sugar mix.
9. Next, add the rest of the bread batter mix, spread out.
10. Top with the rest of the apple mix, and finally the rest of the brown sugar mix.
11. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven, about 60-70 minutes until browned, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Cool on wire rack in pan until cool.
13. Top with glaze if desired. 14. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe from https://glutenfreefromscratch.com/