- 1 Cup Nutters Dipping Chocolate (Milk or Dark)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (or Wow Butter)
- 1/4 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- Pinch of Salt (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. The recipe should make about 10-12 cups depending on how thick you make your layers.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil for 1 minute in the microwave, stir and continue heating for 30-second intervals (or using a double boiler) until chocolate chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Using a spoon pour enough chocolate (about 1-2 teaspoons) to cover the liner’s bottom into each liner. Place the tray into the freezer for about 5-10 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- In another bowl, add peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and sea salt (if using). Microwave for about 15 – 20 seconds or until mixture is slightly melted and pourable (again, you can also use a double-boiler). Stir to combine.
- Remove cups from the freezer and pour peanut butter mixture evenly over each cup. Place back in the freezer to set for about 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining chocolate over each cup, using just enough to cover the peanut butter layer completely. At this point, you can also sprinkle flaked sea salt on top of the chocolate if you want!
- Place the tin back in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour to set completely. Remove from the freezer and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. They should last at least 5-7 days. For longer storage, store cups in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Recipe Created By: https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/peanut-butter-cups/
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 12