Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Nutters pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup melted butter
- In a small bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar and yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and salt; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture, milk mixture, eggs and 1 1/2 cup flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, melt 3/4 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar, whisking until smooth. Pour into greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle bottom of the pan with 1/2 cup pecans; set aside. Melt remaining butter; set aside. Combine remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup pecans, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, roll into an 18×14 inch rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter, leaving 1/2 inch border uncovered; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Starting at long side, tightly roll up, pinching seam to seal. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. With serrated knife, cut into 15 pieces; place cut side down in a prepared pan. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in volume. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 3 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. Scrape remaining filling from the pan onto the rolls.
Recipe created by All Recipes
Prep Time: 2 hrs 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Number of Servings: